SeriouslyGuys

Monday, January 08, 2007

The McBournie Minute: Car commercials

I know I've already hit on this issue once before and it may not be the best way to start off the new year (2007 A.D. for those of you who didn't hear), but for the most part I don't really care. Which is why I ask:

What the hell is it with car commercials and using songs from "The Sound of Music?"

You know that Saturn commercial where the employees is the show room are singing that "so long, farewell" song? Who are the advertising morons that came up with that? Granted, it's Saturn--the heavily medicated younger sister of the American car industry, but this is just annoying.

Then, there was recently another car commercial (I think for Honda or Toyota) that had that "these are a few of my favorite things" song, or at least the music from it playing in the background.

I am sorry, this is just too much for one person not shopping for a car to take. What's next? Chrysler commercials with songs from "Fiddler on the Roof?" Actually, that would be kind of funny since Chrysler's original symbol was the Star of David.

And yes, I feel heterosexual for knowing about musicals.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home