SeriouslyGuys

Monday, January 29, 2007

The McBournie Minute: Protesters

As you may have heard, D.C. was overrun with protesters this weekend. Jesse Jackson, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Jane Fonda were there. There were sights to be seen all around downtown.

Shockingly enough, most of the protesters were shouting for 1) an immediate pullout from Iraq, 2) the impeachment of the president and 3) Insert Random Cause Somehow Stretched To Fit Into This Protest.

My favorite moment of that day came before I even saw the protest itself. I had just gotten off of the Metro (D.C.'s subway) and was about to get on the escalator and head to the exit. Riding on the escalator about 10 steps ahead of me was a protester holding a sign that read "Escalation is Not the Answer!"

People looked at me funny when I broke out laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home