SeriouslyGuys

Monday, February 19, 2007

The McBournie Minute: The flu

As it so happened, that bug that's been going around, I caught it. Everyone always says it's "that bug," no matter where you are in the country, the exact same bug is going around and there is no possible chance you have a different bug.

I ended up coming down with the flu on Friday afternoon. I spent my Friday night like I hadn't in a long time--huddled over a toilet and sober. It was more than just that. To spare you the details, it felt like someone found the "eject" button on my digestive system and there were only two ways out.

It wasn't so much that I was sick that bothered me, what really got to me was the fact that it happened on a Friday. I didn't even get to take off any time from work. Instead, my whole weekend was shot. It was like a weekend-long hangover that I didn't earn.

On top of that, I had a fever of 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit. I was upset I never broke the 100 mark the whole weekend. As we all know, a fever of 100 sounds way worse than a fever of 99.9.

In any case, I am now more or less back to health and will be rejoining the other contributing members of society in going to work. Even the no longer contagious work on President's Day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home