SeriouslyGuys

Monday, August 20, 2007

The McBournie Minute: Movie Theaters

Last night I went to a nearby movie theater to see Superbad. While I will leave the movie reviews to Chugs, it's time to talk about etiquette in the movie theater, because people out there really need it.

I am not here to be that annoying singing frog band from some Disney movie singing about turning off cell phones, which is the most annoying announcement in movie theaters today. No, I am here to say TURN OFF YOUR DAMN CELL PHONES. This is one I just don't get. I am glad you put your phone on mute for me, but are those text messages really so important you need to answer them right then, your screen's bright light diverting my attention? Unplug every now and then, folks, you did manage to live for a couple years just fine without those things.

For a long, long time, my movie experiences have been just fine. Relatively uneventful, aside from the movie itself, but lately there is a disturbing new trend: babies crying. Listen, ma'am or sir, I understand you don't get to go out much since you had the kid and you really wanted to see this flick and all, but if you can't afford a babysitter, you shouldn't be going out. It's like going to a bar and not tipping the bartender. Watch movies at home. At the very least, stop going to movies in the evening, violent, loud ones, at that. Go see whatever penguin movie they just made.

Show some respect, everyone. Now if you want to look for me next time you're out, I'll be the guy tossing popcorn in the air every time he laughs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home